Sam's Mothers' Day Shortbread
Mother's Day is coming up soon (Sunday March 31st if you need reminding!) - and it's time to start thinking how you're going to treat the special women in your lives. Why not have a crack at baking my shortbread for your Mum? It's really simple. I serve this with the crème brûlée at Chez Nous - but it's just as delicious on its own or perhaps with a few fresh strawberries?
Sam's Mother's Day Shortbread
- 125g unsalted butter (plus a little more for greasing)
- 55g caster sugar (plus a little more for dusting)
- 180g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4)
- Lightly grease a baking tray
- Combine the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
- Add the flour a little at a time and mix until resembles breadcrumbs.
- Use your hands to form a ball of dough
- Roll the dough out so it's about 1cm thick, then cut into slices - or maybe use fun cutters!
- Carefully place the unbaked shortbread on the baking tray
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the biscuits are baked but still pale
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then lightly dust with caster sugar to finish
Et voila! A perfect treat for your Mum (or anyone special in your life).